Fwd: RTEMS pthreads performance (was RTEMS vs other realtimeOperating Systems ..)

Tue Dec 3 17:10:09 UTC 2002

Till Straumann wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> >Till Straumann wrote:

> >Which RTEMS version/target CPU/configuration?
> >

> I believe it was ss-20011025 (I can re-run the test later today on a
> later version).

That is pretty old and I am 100% positive it predates the work
I did to improve results on your benchmark.  The ChangeLog entry
for that is 2002-07-01.

> The target was a 604 series PowerPC on a Motorola MVME23xx board.

Do you know what the test is doing?  Is it the same as yours?  Saying
something is slow doesn't help me much.  RTEMS usually performs
comparable to VxWorks on benchmarks.  But each time we hit a new
benchmark comparison, there is new data to optimize against.