RTEMS pthread performance is GOOD (was Re: Fwd: RTEMS pthreadsperformance)

Wed Dec 4 15:04:54 UTC 2002

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> Joel Sherrill writes:
>  >
>  >
>  > Besides benchmarking is difficult to do correctly.  Greg Menke went to
>  > a lot of trouble and ended up with a scaling error in his initial
>  > reported results.
>
> Nahhh, whats an order of magnitude here or there anyhow?  ;)

:)  When I see msec, I always wonder whether it is milli or micro. So I
tend to spell them out completely.  It is very easy to mess up.

Personally I like to evaluate RTEMS performance using psim since the
decrementer is actually counting instructions.  That tends to focus
you on removing operations not trying to take advantage of a particular
CPU models characteristics.

--joel