SH4 Interrupt Handling

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Dec 5 09:29:46 UTC 2002

Am Don, 2002-12-05 um 09.30 schrieb Fernando RUIZ CASAS:
> Perhaphs you need stop all the interrrupts and
> rewrite all the registers like a reset in order to set up the machine
> before starts again the new program.
It depends on you board and where the vector table is stored.

The SH1-port uses 3 vector tables,
One fixed vector table in ROM, a second one containing the application
vector table, and a 3rd one being actually used.

The gensh1 BSP uses the ROM-vector table to boot, then it copies the ROM
vector table into the 3rd vector table and subsequently merges in the
2nd vector table into the 3rd.

Finally it switches to using the 3rd vector table.

The basic idea behind this procedure is having a monitor/debugger stub
in ROM, the application providing its own vector table, but wanting to
use some interrupts provided by the ROM'ed code.

[Background: On our boards, the 2nd vector table + the application had
been in battery buffered, non-volatile RAM, while the "play-area" (3rd
vector table was in volatile RAM]

> The problem is the same in SH1 and SH2.
No. The SH1 and SH2 interrupt handling is different from the SH4.

Ralf

--
Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung (FAW)