AW: Booting RTEMS PC386 via dos prompt

Luca Abeni luca at hartik.sssup.it
Wed Dec 11 15:35:43 UTC 2002

Hi all,

if someone is interested, I am going to release a new version of my
multiboot DOS extender, that should be able to boot rtems applications.

I put a binary for testing at
http://hartik.sssup.it/~luca/x.exe

You can boot the rtems program from the DOS prompt by typing
x <your rtems application>

I tested it with the ``hello.exe'' application provided by John Bebbington,
and it seems to work. So, if someone is willing to test the extender,
feedback is welcome.

If you find an rtems application that does not work with x.exe, please
send me the output of the x command (without any argument) on your
system, and possibly a binary of the application which failed.

			Thanks,
				Luca

Luca Abeni                           |
PhD Student in Computer Engineering  | Real Programmers
Retis Lab                            | Don't Use Windows :)
Scuola Superiore S. Anna             |
E-Mail:        	luca at hartik.sssup.it | Please avoid sending me Word
Phone (Lab):   	+39-050-883459       | or PowerPoint attachments.
                  See
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html