what is the difference of rdbg and gdb stub provided by libbsp/cpu/shared/comm

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 12 15:43:03 UTC 2002

ÕÅÕÜ writes:
 > Are they both gdb stub on target ? now i want to debug a remote target
> application through COM1, but i do not know which one to choose . can
> u give me some comment ,documents helpful and a tiny example ? thank
> you
 >
 > by the way : some examples in maillist seems not buildable , for example call of init_remote_gdb().

Support for gdb stubs varies between different bsp's.  I believe there
is support for some bsp's for x86 boards and we implemented one for
the Mips Mongoose- I imagine there are others.  If you want to debug a
remote target via serial port, I think a gdb stub is what you want.
What board/bsp are you using?

Gregm