termios with outputUsesInterrupts=TERMIOS_TASK_DRIVEN

Fri Feb 1 11:53:56 UTC 2002

Stan wrote:

> Hi Mike,

Then Mike just did you a tremendous favor. I just merged a patch
from him that eliminates this requirement.  The driver requirement
is lowered to just supporting termios.  All but the oldest of BSPs
will meet this requirement.

As an aside, the console-polled.c driver shell could be pretty
easily applied to older polled console drivers and turn them into
termios drivers if someone is interested in a project.  Since you
couldn't possibly have all the boards, we would only ask that the
you are careful and make sure it compiles.  A third-party review
would be needed for doublecheck.