RTEMS sound device driver

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Fri Feb 8 02:19:44 UTC 2002

Pattara Kiatisevi wrote:

> -And then how can I tell RTEMS to call this sound device driver when there
> is access to /dev/dsp? Something to do with
> #def CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE and I have to create my own
> Device_drivers? (Hmm, but how and where? :) )

I added to the RTEMS IO interface the ability to register and unregister
device drivers at runtime. This means you do not need to have all
drivers in the configuration table at compile time.

This is useful when creating a set of base BSP libs that the application
can extend without needing to open those tested libs up. Also in time
when runtime loading of code happens .....

This is only in the snapshots. Look in include/rtems/io.h.

  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec.com.au