problems with "configure" options

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon Feb 11 22:17:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

currently I want to rebuild the RTEMS snapshot (20020118)
without killing my previous installations on my computer.
Things work rather fine with the toolset, I have
GCC/Binutils/Newlib in a dedicated installation directory

/opt/rtems/binutils-2.10-gcc-2.95.3-newlib-1.9.0

instead of

/opt/rtems

Now things get a bit in the wrong direction: I try to prepare
the RTEMS library build with:

../rtems-ss-20020118/configure  --enable-rtemsbsp="mbx860_002
mbx821_001" --target=powerpc-rtems --prefix=/opt/rtems/ss-
20020118;make all

and everything compiles right. But when I try to install the
system with

make install

I find out, that part of the system still installs to

/opt/rtems

and not to

/opt/rtems/ss-20020118

as given in the prefix option of "configure".

I found out, that the "prefix" is not propagated to the
subdirectories. In the "top-level" Makefile, "prefix" is set
to the right value, but under "./power-pc/c/Makefile", prefix
is once again "/opt/rtems".

Any ideas what might go wrong?

Ah, yes, I am working on a SuSE7.3 Linux with autoconf V2.52
and automake 1.4-p5

any help welcome...
	Thomas.

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany