posix problems with 0205 snapshot

Wed Feb 13 14:26:46 UTC 2002

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Die, 2002-02-12 um 21.38 schrieb Chris Caudle:
> > Has anyone tried the posix bsp with the 0205 snapshot yet?
> Yes, there is a bug inside the configuration which only affects building
> the posix-BSP, only (Fix attached below).
>
> > I usually build the posix bsp first and run the sample tests just as a sanity
> > check,
> Well, IMHO, this check is of rather limited wealth, because the
> posix-BSP internally is a rather different beast than the embedded
> targets, and because large portions of RTEMS are not supported by the
> posix-BSP.

I hope Peter Mueller is looking at Ian Taylor's old patch to enable more
functionality.  It used dyanamic loading to give Linux system weak or
non-conflicting names.  With this infrastructure to build upon, he
was able to use the TCP/IP stack which means that we should be able to
run any service.  It would be great to get this functionality up to
date and merged.

Peter are you looking at it?  I have a few more notes from Ian.

Does anyone else want to play with it?

> Try the patch below. (Run bootstrap from the toplevel once after having
> applied the patch).

I have merged it.

> Ralf
>
> PS: Joel, IMO, the 0205 snapshot should be replaced, ASAP.

It's in the queue after I do a build cycle.