m68k gcc was Re: BSP for 5307

Fri Feb 15 15:57:54 UTC 2002

Peter Barada wrote:

> >> Yes, I'm working on the coldfire changes for v3/v4/v4e, but I haven't
> >> convinced the lawyers to sign off yet.
> >
> >That can take time.  :(
>
> Oh, don't I know!  :-)
>
> >> I'm also having trouble
> >> getting g++ to build with gcc-20020211.  I think in my version I'll
> >> have all of Fiddes' patches, but I'll have to double check.
> >
> >Is David still providing up to date patches against gcc 3.0?  I haven't
> >heard from him in a while.  Is it possible some of the patches are out
> >of date?
>
> I've tried building a *straight* g++-20020211, and it dies in
> different ways for lots of targets (arm-elf, m68k-elf, sh-elf, etc).
> I'm now starting over by pulling out *every* stock tool (gcc-20020211,
> newlib-1.9.0, binutils-2.11.2, gdb-5.1) in a hopeful attempt to prove
> that *I* screwed up somewhere along the line...

I don't know why you are having trouble.  I report results on about
3 dozen cross targets and don't have any problems that are that bad.
Sometimes things don't build but those targets aren't that bad. :)

> >> I'm also having trouble
> >> getting g++ to build with gcc-20020211.  I think in my version I'll
> >> have all of Fiddes' patches, but I'll have to double check.
> >
> >Is David still providing up to date patches against gcc 3.0?  I haven't
> >heard from him in a while.  Is it possible some of the patches are out
> >of date?
>
> I've only found patches against gcc-2.95.3 on www.fiddes.net, so I
> don't think Dave has any 3.0.x patches...

Do we need to find out plans for another 2.95.x release or are you
just workign to ensure future 3.x releases are OK?