bootstrap script on solaris

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Sat Feb 23 05:10:32 UTC 2002

Am Fre, 2002-02-22 um 19.17 schrieb paule at martex.gen.oh.us:

> Hi All,
>
> The bootstrap script doesn't seem to like my Solaris 8
> box, it generates lots of errors about undefined macros
> like:
>
> configure:2843: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_FOR_TARGET
> configure:1524: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_CC_WORKS
>
> Has anyone else had this problem; is this a RTEMS setup
> problem or a system tools problem? (I have Oarcorp's 4.5.0
> GNU tools with autoconf 2.52 and automake 1.4)
This can't work:

For 4.5.x you'll need autoconf-2.13 + automake-1.4

For snapshots, you'll need autoconf-2.52 + automake-1.5

> Specifically what I did was unpack RTEMS, run bootstrap -c,
> then run bootstrap all in the tree. (I ran the clean because I'm
> trying to get my BSP under automake, although I hadn't
> added it yet.)
>
> Thanks for any tips, suggestions, suspicions (etc. )
Building under Solaris is supposed to work, but definitely has not be
tested as much as under other systems. I expect you to encounter further
bugs, but would be appreciate bug-reports if you meet any.

Ralf