Cannot build RTEMS..Problem with configure script

Satyaki Mukherjee satyaki at tataelxsi.co.in
Sat Feb 23 07:49:30 UTC 2002

Hello Everybody,
	I am facing problems while trying to build RTEMS on sun sparc.
I had successfully installed the prebuilt toolset executables (for
1386-rtems)
in /opt directory. The same has been verified by using a small program
as described in the documentation. I had also set PATH variable to
$PATH:/opt/rtems/bin before checking the toolset.

Now, on trying to build rtems using configure script for
TARGET=i386-rtems
BORAD_SUPPORT_PACKAGE=i386
I get the following error :
Checking for automake....missing
Checking for Cygwin...no
The compiler cannot create executables...installation problem

Can anyone suggest where the problem could be?

TIA
satyaki