cant create network daemon 'ntwk': 'too many'

Vivek Vaid vaid at me.iitb.ac.in
Sat Feb 23 19:24:05 UTC 2002

Hi,

I am trying to run networking (simple echo server) with posix threads.

I have 2 posix threads. 1 thread will take care of some hardware i/o and
print values on console & the other one will take care of the network
link. (if the otherside makes a telnet connection, this thread will send
the values to that machine).

I have been able to get the networking running based on netdemo, and
i have also been able to get the posix threads working.
but these two applications were seperate.

I get the following error when i combined the two:

"cant create network daemon 'ntwk': 'too many' "
RTEMS: fatal error, exiting

I get this error when i call
  rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network ();
  rtems_bsdnet_show_inet_routes ();
for the First time from a posix thread

does the network daemon run as an rtems task ? but i have combined the 2
initializations as follows: (based on system.h in posix samples )

/* configuration information */
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_THREADS              2
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_CONDITION_VARIABLES  1
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_MUTEXES              2
#define CONFIGURE_POSIX_INIT_THREAD_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS 20
#include <confdefs.h>
#define CONFIGURE_RTEMS_INIT_TASKS_TABLE
#define CONFIGURE_EXECUTIVE_RAM_SIZE	(512*1024)
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES	20
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS		20
#define CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK	10000
#define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_STACK_SIZE	(10*1024)
#define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_PRIORITY	120
#define CONFIGURE_INIT_TASK_INITIAL_MODES (RTEMS_PREEMPT | \
                                           RTEMS_NO_TIMESLICE | \
                                           RTEMS_NO_ASR | \
                                           RTEMS_INTERRUPT_LEVEL(0))

I have not started or initialized any rtems_tasks, but only posix tasks.

Sincerely
Vivek