m68k gcc was Re: BSP for 5307

Thu Feb 14 12:06:57 UTC 2002

Paul Whitfield wrote:

> On a related note there seems to be several different variations
> of the Coldfire / 68k gcc arround.. Has anyone made any
> progress on unifying them
>
> Namely:
>
> Fiddes release
> uClinux version
> rtems version...

The rtems version doesn't have any m68k code generation patches.
And we are working to ensure that our patches are all in the
gcc 3.x tree.  GCC CVS should be within one RTEMS patch of
complete as of last night.  I am working on the 3.0-branch
this morning.

The others should work to get their patches merged.  Often
the patches are collected in those project tools from the
mailing list so are just ahead of the gcc release curve.  If there
are legitimate m68k patches not in gcc 3.x, send them to the
gcc list.  Ask the uCLinux and David Fiddes if they have any
patches not submitted to gcc.