Porting Rtems code( TCP/IP) stack on proprietary RTOs

Sat Jan 5 15:42:09 UTC 2002

Vinod Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We  have to do Rtems code porting to some proprietary Real Time
> Operating system.

If it is an in-house RTOS, then I encourage you to consider letting
OAR add support for your API to RTEMS itself.  RTEMS is structured
around a SuperCore that makes it possible to support a variety of
tasking APIs.  That is how the Classic/RTEID/pSOS+, POSIX, and
ITRON APIs all co-exist.

In the long-run, this is a better option.  You will get a long
more bang for your buck this way.