Subroutine:sendto()

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Mon Jan 7 14:37:49 UTC 2002

> Wilfried Busalski wrote:
>
> Hi there..
>
> what is the reason that I can send only 0x2400 Bytes Packages with
> sendto() ?

That's the value the BSD stack limits the maximum size of transmitted
udp packets.  This is true of the latest version of the FreeBSD code,
too.

> What is the way to send packages (in my case ucd-snmp3.6.2) with more
> than 0x2400 Bytes. I have to send 0x2800Bytes.

Just change the value of udp_sendspace and udp_recvspace in
udp_usrreq.c.  Of course the other end of the link must allow packets
this size as well.

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.