Support for multiple ethernet ports

Mirko Markov mmarkov at dkts.co.yu
Tue Jan 8 08:01:13 UTC 2002

Alex Holeczy wrote:

> RTEMS Version : 4.5.0
> Processor     : MIPS
> network device: National Semiconductor dp83815
>

>     Can't set eth2 address: File exists

I have had a number of strange problems (including this one), when I
tried
to set both interfaces on the same subnet (eth0=192.168.2.50 and
eth1=192.168.2.51).
When I moved the second interface to the different subnet (192.168.3.51)
it
worked. It still does :) It seems logical, since you usually don't need
two
interfaces on the same network, but still, the error report is
confusing.

Try to swap the order of interfaces in rtems_bsdnet_config structure. If
this is a
problem, you should get the same message for the other interface.