CRLF vs (just) LF

Jarl Friis jarl at diku.dk
Thu Jan 17 11:48:37 UTC 2002

I just installed and ran the rtems-hello.c program.

One thing that I find annoying is that the "\n" character in the
printf string translates to CR LF (two bytes). I expected that it
would as on any other relevant OS generate only LF. I doubt this is an
RTEMS issue but related to the sparc-rtems-gcc version found on
www.gaisler.com.

Can someone direct of where to start to look to resolve this problem?

BTW the tsim itself seem to have flacky juse of those two characters,
see:
tsim> perf

 Cycles       :   5007372

 Instructions :   2910723
 Overall CPI  :      1.72

Here the CR is introduced after the LF, strange behaviour...

Jarl