[leon_sparc] Re: CRLF vs (just) LF

Jarl Friis jarl at diku.dk
Thu Jan 17 12:27:47 UTC 2002

Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de> writes:

> Am Don, 2002-01-17 um 12.48 schrieb Jarl Friis:
> > I just installed and ran the rtems-hello.c program.
> >
> > One thing that I find annoying is that the "\n" character in the
> > printf string translates to CR LF (two bytes). I expected that it
> > would as on any other relevant OS generate only LF. I doubt this is an
> > RTEMS issue but related to the sparc-rtems-gcc version found on
> > www.gaisler.com.
> >
> > Can someone direct of where to start to look to resolve this problem?
> * termios, c.f. [I|O]CRNL, [I|O]NLCR etc.

eh?, I think I kind of wanted a path to a file in the srouce tree?
What are you trying to say here. I assume that we agree to LF==NL.

> * console-drivers: AFAIK, some (non-termios-based) console drivers apply
> LF->CRLF conversion (Note: These are console-drivers, not serial
> drivers, being applicable for general serial IO purposes.)
>
> * Check the settings of your terminal.

My terminal does not do that. it is an issue of the compiled
rtems-hello program. the (rest) of tsim does not generate CRLF (only
in one line (using perf), which I consider a bug. Any other app
behaves as expected as well

If I make a hello-world program and execute that as a bootprom, using
mkprom (without rtems) there is no such translation, so I guess it's
in the rtems in general or in the version shipped with leccs.

Jarl