looking for ATM

Quality Quorum qqi at theworld.com
Thu Jan 17 15:02:55 UTC 2002

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Is any one aware of any ATM protocol available with an open licence ?
> > > Any port of such software over RTEMS ?
> >
> > Do you mean signalling, ILMI or something else and are you talking about
> > swith or user side ?
>
> Interrest is ATM UNI layer, signalling and OAM,
> for data application (MPoA, PPPoA)

I have no idea what particular target you have and what environment
you are working in, I would suppose that in some of cases you would
be be better off by buying these things from a vendor like Netplane.

As far as I know there is no mature free/public/open software addressing
all these issues,so going free/public/open source your development
costs will be enourmous.

Going with a vendor you will reduce your initial costs, however, you would
have to pay a per unit fee.

It may make sense to look for low cost vendor, I heard that there are
some companies in India which do offer low cost ATM stacks.

> Didier Ana

Thanks,

Aleksey