How to install rtems in redhat 7.2

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jan 22 12:40:07 UTC 2002

Am Die, 2002-01-22 um 13.33 schrieb Mahesh Revuri:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > There is no such thing as Linux-7.2, and RedHat is not Linux, nor is
> > > Linux Redhat!

> > > You might want to read the getting started manuals at
> > >
> > > http://www.oarcorp.com/rtemsdoc-4.5.0
> >
> > One phrase.. use RPMs for the tools. :)
> >
> > > Ralf
>
>  A seperate getting started manuals for Linux and Cygwin would be good.
Why?

The RTEMS and Gnu-Toolchain installation related topics only differ
marginally between Cygwin and U*ix systems.

Therefore, IMHO, the actual problems related to Cygwin are either
* setting up Cygwin itself.
* Cygwin users typically not being familiar with Unix.

So, I see a demand for somebody writing a "Setting up / Preparing Cygwin
for RTEMS" manual, but nothing particularily specific to setting up
RTEMS w/ Cygwin.

Ralf