Is it correct to store MSR in context switch?

leonp leonp at plris.com
Wed Jan 23 18:05:52 UTC 2002

Hello, all.
	I encountered the following problem (MPC860, RTEMS 20001201 but this seems
to be not touched):
	The Machine Status Register is saved each time the context switch is
performed. This leads to the following unexpected result - if in one task the
_ISR_Disable(arg) is used, it may be neutralized by the task switch. One can
say, that this is very unusual thing to disable interrupts in the running
system still doing task switching. But this is not an impossible case - I
need it :-)).
	Will it cause any harm if the MSR register will not be saved in context
switches? It does not seem to contain any task specific information...

leonp at plris.com