termios with outputUsesInterrupts=TERMIOS_TASK_DRIVEN

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Thu Jan 31 14:29:47 UTC 2002

Hi Stan,
I believe the TERMIOS_TASK_DRIVEN mode was added to support
the pppd application.  Currently, if you want to use pppd then
your BSP console driver must be updated to support this
TASK_DRIVEN mode.  If you do not plan on using pppd, then this
mode is not needed.

As a side note, I have made a new port of the pppd application
that does not require the use of TERMIOS_TASK_DRIVEN mode.  This
version of pppd should work with any BSP and also fixes the
large packet problem of the current version.  I will be posting
this version back to the RTEMS source tree.  If anyone is
interested in helping test it, please contact me.

Mike Siers