BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler API

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Wed Jan 9 09:27:01 UTC 2002

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I would prefer that all IRQs receive the vector number.

I think that if we push an argument is should be a (void*) that

will contains several things including the vector number if needed.
Reason is that multiplexing drivers usually requires additional private
data and not only the vector number. OK, the vector number can be used
to access the per driver data but the cost is higher at the end (example
beeing several ethernet board with different IO location for registers
access (idem for PCI).

NB : for those how have been working longer on rtems, I submitted a
patch to the API that Till Strauman is proposing about two years ago for
i386 :-)

I'm glad to discuss the API changes in more detail if someone wants to
start a thread.

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF