working without OS...

Silverio Diquigiovanni silverio.di at qem.it
Thu Jan 10 15:49:11 UTC 2002

From: <Alexandre.Tarayre at space.alcatel.fr>

> Hello,
> I'm working without OS and I would know how to :

>  - setup a periodic interrupt that calls an operation every X ms,
>  - enable interrupts,
>  - disable interrupts.

> What are the C functions (or libraries) that permit to do that ?

I don't think there are a standard C functions which permit you to do this
thing,
my experience about teach me that ever Compilator family (GCC, IAR, DIAB)
customize this aspect also for CPU familty, so you must check the
documentation
of C compilator to see how you can define a function to be mapped in a
Interrupt
Vector Table. The next step is manually set the CPU internal registers which
are
managers of interrupt settings (level, modality, and so on). If your CPU
have an
internal timer you can, in general line, set a timer to generate an internal
interrupt,
otherwise you must use and external timing chip connected with your desired
interrupt CPU input pin.