Stack traces

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Jul 19 17:26:15 UTC 2002

 > On the Coldfire I dump a stack trace or attempt to by using Coldfire
 > specifics for the stack (fp (a6) linking etc) to the console. This is a
 > hex dump of the form:
 >
 > 0x12345678 (0x12345678, 0x12345678, 0x12345678, 0x12345678)
 >
 > This output can be feed to a small perl/awk/what-ever script and the
 > addr2line tool turned into a source code stack trace of the functions
 > and arguments that is close enough to help solve a specific problem.

I was thinking along these lines as well- I looked closely at the MIPS
& mcp750 stack frames and it should be fairly easy to trace thru
them.  I'll give it a try pretty soon.  I was thinking it would also
be helpful to optionally print function names- though theres a bit of
a chicken & egg problem with getting both them and their addresses
into a .data segment somewhere.  I'll think of something...

Thanks,

Gregm