Stack traces

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jul 19 20:12:39 UTC 2002

I work on a PowerPC and have my exception handler
print a stacktrace very much like the one mentioned
by the person using Coldfire.

Since I want to find the reason for the crash, I end
up using a disassembled dump of the code anyways
and hence I trace back 'manually'. This gives me
much more information (along with the register
contents that were dumped by the exception handler)
than I could get by just having the function names.

Also, I use an exception handler which doesn't kill
the system but who tries to just suspend the
offending task. Hence, in many cases I have a 'live'
system and am still able to get memory dumps etc.

-- Till