network initialization hangs

Michael J. Siers mikes at poliac.com
Tue Jul 16 14:20:40 UTC 2002

Hi Sachin,
I believe your problem is that RTEMS currently does not have a driver
for the
RealTek based network cards.  I tried playing around with the network code
using the pc386 bsp but I could not find a supported network card.

I did see someone had made an initial port of the Intel EtherExpress 8255x
driver.  Maybe you could try getting a hold of  this driver and one of these
cards.

Otherwise, you other option is to grab the RealTek driver from your favorite
BSD (OpenBSD, FreeBSD, or NetBSD) and try making a port of the driver
for RTEMS.  I think having a RealTek driver for RTEMS would be a great
addition since these cards are so common right now.

Good Luck,
Mike Siers