RTEMS networking performance issue

Michael J. Siers mikes at poliac.com
Mon Jul 22 14:12:11 UTC 2002

Hi,
I just noticed a post of a patch to NetBSD and OpenBSD for a TCP Socket
Speedup.
This patch effectively makes the performance of TCP buffering go from
O(N) to O(C),
independent of the size of the list to traverse.  This NetBSD developer
has also made
some patches for doing zero copy TCP and UDP (this patch seems to be a
little more
experimental).

I do not know how different the NetBSD/OpenBSD network stack is from the
RTEMS/FreeBSD stack but it might be interesting to see if these patches
could be
made to work in RTEMS. (I just wish I had some time to play with it!).

Check out this site for more information (it has links to the
appropriate patch files and
emails):  http://www.deadly.org/article.php3?sid=20020722010533

Mike Siers