synergy vs motorola

Jim Robinson jrobinson at sierra-idt.com
Thu Jun 20 13:56:15 UTC 2002

Hello,
We are looking at a synergy Microsystems cougar 10 (vcmd) powerpc vme
board. Should we look at the motorola MVME5100 series boards also? Are
they supported under the new snapshot of RTEMS?
The biggest hurtle is that the board has to be able to boot form flash,
have ethernet support and be able to talk to the VME bus.
The cougar has (1-2) 7410's with a MPC107, 512M of RAM and 64M of flash,
scsi and ethernet on a sym53c885, Tundra UniverseII vme.
The 5100 has 7410,755,750 with a Hawk asic memory controller, 512M or
RAM and 17M of flash and ethernet on 2 intel 82559er, Tundra UniverseII
vme.
Thanks for your time and input.
Jim Robinson