Building RTEMS problem

Davide Del Vento davide_rtems at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 15:50:24 UTC 2002

>Try using these bit scripts that I am using. I am using Linux Red Hat 6
>through a telnet session. To build the pc386 BSP I go
>./bit_rtems i386 pc386
I have some problems with your script (it doesn't print logs for example),
but at the end I successfully compile with original bit_script and the
user.cfg that I attach.

Does the compiled RTEMS work?
The hello-world test and other files test work. The netdemo doesn't. I
obtain this:

/opt/rtems/bin//i386-rtems-gcc --pipe -B/opt/davide//pc486/lib/ -specs
bsp_specs -qrtems -g -Wall -ansi -fasm  -O4       -mcpu=i486
   -c   -o o-optimize/init.o init.c
In file included from init.c:46:
networkconfig.h:87: `rtems_3c509_driver_attach' undeclared here (not in a
function)
networkconfig.h:87: initializer element is not constant
networkconfig.h:87: (near initialization for `netdriver_config.attach')
make: *** [o-optimize/init.o] Error 1

>Angelo Fraietta
>PO Box 859
>Hamilton NSW 2303
>Home Page
>http://www.users.bigpond.com/angelo_f/
Very interesting. If you plan to Rome I will send you some addresses.
Bye,
;Davide

#
#  $Id: user.cfg,v 1.18 2000/06/12 14:27:38 joel Exp $
#
#  User Configurable Items when Building RTEMS Cross Compilation Toolset
#
#  Localize these variables to match the tool versions, install point,
#  and various build options for RTEMS and the GNU tools.
#
#  In general terms, this file in conjunction with the various bit*
#  scripts do nothing that can not be done via directly using each
#  packages configuration and build instructions.  What the scripts
#  attempt to protect you from is knowing the sequencing and dependency
#  information between the various components.
#

#
#  INSTALL_POINT: Directory tools and RTEMS are installed into.
#      Recommended installation point for various OS's:
#         Linux:    /usr/local/rtems
#         Solaris:  /opt/gnu/rtems
INSTALL_POINT=/opt/davidertems

#
#  GNU Tool Configuration Options
#

# Binutils version and source directory
#BINUTILS=binutils-2.10

# GCC version and source directory
#GCC=gcc-2.95.2

# Set to "yes" if you want to build languages other than C and C++.
# The set of alternative languages includes Java, Fortran, and Objective-C.
# These alternative languages do not always build cross.
BUILD_OTHER_LANGUAGES=no

# Newlib version and source directory
#NEWLIB=newlib-1.9.0

# GDB version and source directory
#GDB=gdb-5.0

# Set this to "yes" if you want to attempt to build documentation
# for the tools.  This requires support tools like makeinfo.
BUILD_DOCS=no

#
# RTEMS Configuration Information
#

# RTEMS version and source directory
RTEMS=../archive

# Set this to yes if you want to enable a more robust set of
# POSIX functionality including POSIX threads support.
ENABLE_RTEMS_POSIX=yes
# Set this to yes if you want to enable the RTEMS uITRON 3.0 API
# implementation.  This API is not completely implemented and
# volunteers are encouraged to assist in finishing it.
ENABLE_RTEMS_ITRON=no

# Set this to yes if you want to enable multiprocessing support.
# Multiprocessing is automatically disabled for BSPs without MP support.
ENABLE_RTEMS_MP=no

# Set this to yes if you want to enable C++ support including
# the RTEMS Classic API class libraries
ENABLE_RTEMS_CXX=yes

# Set this to yes if you want to build the full set of RTEMS
# tests appropriate for your configuration.
ENABLE_RTEMS_TESTS=no

# Set this to yes if you want to build the TCP/IP stack and
# associated clients and servers.  This is automatically disabled
# for BSPs that have no networking support.
ENABLE_RTEMS_TCPIP=yes

# Set this to yes if you want to enable a remote debugging
# via Ethernet.  Currently this is not supported on all ports
# of RTEMS.
ENABLE_RTEMS_RDBG=no

# Set this to yes if you want to enable maintainer mode functionality
# in the Makefile system.
ENABLE_RTEMS_MAINTAINER_MODE=no

# Set this to yes if you want to build the optimized version of RTEMS.
BUILD_RTEMS_NONDEBUG=yes

# Set this to yes if you want to build the debug version of RTEMS.
BUILD_RTEMS_DEBUG=no

# Set this to yes if you want to install RTEMS after it is successfully
built.
INSTALL_RTEMS=yes