problem in building rtems

Bhanu Nagendra P. bpisupat at cs.indiana.edu
Tue Jun 18 15:28:27 UTC 2002

It is possible that the compiler is trying to write to directories where
you dont have permissions to do so. For example, if you are trying to
compile rtems as an ordinary user (not as root), then you do not have
write access to directories such as /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin

You can get over this problem by

a) running the compilation as root

        or

b) setting the PREFIX variable in Makefile to some path inside your home
directory- this determines where the executables are compiled to and the
default value is /usr/local

----

         _