code fails if made with debug

Jerry Needell jerry.needell at unh.edu
Tue Mar 5 19:25:26 UTC 2002

I am pulling whats left of my hair out tring to track this down. Perhaps
someone can point me in the right direction. I am using the RTEMS 4.5.1
pre3 relaease on an ERC32 (actually TSC695) board. I have built the
"normal" and VARIANT=debug versions. I am testing an application using
the o-optimize (make) and the o-debug (make debug) versions. The
o-optimize version works fine but the o-debug version crashes (processor
halts) before it even gets to Init. Does anyone have an idea where to
look for the cause.
   This application is fairly simple. It consists of 3 very simple tasks
and on ISR. I can supply lots more gory details, but I thought I'd see
if anyone had quick response.

BTW - I have had no problem using the make debug generated code on other
test applications so the problem is not always there for the debug
generated code.
- Thanks for any tips - Jerry
Jerry Needell                     | Internet: jerry.needell at unh.edu
Space Science Center/Morse Hall   | Voice: (603) 862 2732
University Of New Hampshire       | FAX:   (603) 862 0311
Durham, NH 03824                  |