Can one BSP support multiple memory maps?

Phil Torre ptorre at zetron.com
Wed Mar 6 20:05:10 UTC 2002

Background:  RTEMS 4.5.0 (not multilib'd) with a custom BSP for our
MPC860 board.

Our product supports two different memory configurations (one with
8 megabytes of RAM and one with 16); the application code knows at
compile time which memory configuration it is targeting.
Can I have two different sets of linkcmds for the application code
without splitting my BSP into two different BSPs?  (That is, two
BSPs that differ only in their memory map.)

The only changes needed between the two configurations are the heap
size/location and the start address for the text section.  I hope I
can do this with a single BSP.

Thanks all,
-Phil

Phil Torre                               phone: 425-820-6363 x234
Design Engineer                          email: ptorre at zetron.com
Switching Systems Group                    fax: 425-820-7031
Zetron, Inc.                               web: http://www.zetron.com