Rtems Rebuild Remake Question

Bill Butler(test) billb at tnex.com
Fri Mar 8 16:17:30 UTC 2002

I am not saying that there was a Makefile.in in the build tree. I
explained more in detail  what I was doing the first time I wrote about
this so I skipped some steps this time.. sorry for the confusion.

(In the Src tree )

1)touch Makefile.am
2) ../../../../../../bootstrap (tried running in BSP SRC directory and
m68k SRC dir)
3) This does create an updated Makefile.in in the SRC directory.

(Build tree side)
4) configure --target=m68k-rtems --enable-rtemsbsp="<BSP>"
--prefix=/opt/m68k-rtems
5) make all
6) makefile.in (from the SRC tree) is then used to create a Makefile in
the build tree. Right? When I said "copied over", this is what I was
trying to state. Sorry for the attempted shortcut.

Problem:
Steps 1-5 are working fine.
Step 6 is not happening

If I run bootstrap (../../../../../bootstrap ) in the BSP directory on
the SCR tree side, and then steps 4 and steps 5 ,the results is that
step 6 does not happen !

Update: I did get it to work (step 6) when I do a bootstrap in the root
SRC directory (/tools/rtems-ss-2002.../) shouldn't it work if you run
bootstrap in the BSP directory only?

About --enable-maintainer-mode. I was under the impression that this
would
Automatically run bootstrap on a configure. But if you did boot strap
manually you did not need it..  I am not using --enable-maintainer-mode
currently because someone stated it was not working for all BSP. I'm I
incorrect?

Ah well I will test the local bootstrap method with
-enable-maintainer-mode on and see if that changes anything.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Bill Butler
AIPCom Inc
972-644-2328 x16