linux-posix

Fri Mar 8 19:10:49 UTC 2002

"Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:10:47PM +0100, Peter Mueller wrote:
>
> > for a demo I like to "connect" a rtems application running on Linux
> > with a pure Linux application. How can I do that? Is there a way to
> > communicate between the rtems app and the pure linux app?
>
> you could use a pipe.  microwindows demo uses this to communicate
> between a client running in RTEMS and a server running on linux.
>
> I'm sure there are more clever ways, but I have seen this method
> demonstrated and working.  ;)

I've used the psim BSP to pass data via shared memory with a Linux
application.  I added shared memory and semaphore devices to
psim in order to do this and they are included in the standard
powerpc-rtems-gdb RPMs.

As I recall, the UNIX port uses shared memory for the mptests so
it also has support for accessing shared memory.  Same trick
is already in place there.