Network driver for SMSC LAN91C96 (91C94)

Jonas Moberg jonas.moberg at solidsoftware.net
Tue Mar 12 07:12:43 UTC 2002

Thanks Ian,

Yes, it would be very helpfull if I could have a look at your BSP port as
well as the SMC91C111
driver (when available).
It is likely that our final board will share your design using the 5307 and
SMC91C111.
Our current design and existing boards are using a 5206e and the 91C96.
I beleive the '111 and '96 are more or less code compatible (with
variantions).
So please let me know of any progress and hopefully and can contribute with
something back
to your side.
I am also primarly using Cygwin on W2000 and have (for no particular reason)
started to work
on the 4.5.1-pre3 release and got everything to build properly (including
Davids BSP).
Have seen problems during the bootstrap (autoconf) stage that script tries
to find out if the cross
compier (m68k-...) is a cross compiler by executing the executable.
Unfortunately the Cygwin
(Win) shell executes the file (actually a m68k target) and looks up.
Also built the latest (experimental snapshot) versions of tools and had
problems with preprocessor
header include in the tools directory itself - it seems to include the file
as shown from the error
output but the file is never read. Have not cracked this problem yet and
have resumed work
with the tool package that comes with the RTEMS 4.5.1 release.

Regards
Jonas Moberg