cygwin running forign exe was Re: Network driver for SMSC LAN91C96 (91C94)

Wed Mar 13 12:21:29 UTC 2002

Jonas Moberg wrote:

> Thanks Ian,
>
> Yes, it would be very helpfull if I could have a look at your BSP port as
> well as the SMC91C111
> driver (when available).

I would like to see this driver in the RTEMS tree and hopefully
implemented
in a libchip style so other BSPs can use it as well.

> It is likely that our final board will share your design using the 5307 and
> SMC91C111.
> Our current design and existing boards are using a 5206e and the 91C96.
> I beleive the '111 and '96 are more or less code compatible (with
> variantions).
> So please let me know of any progress and hopefully and can contribute with
> something back
> to your side.
> I am also primarly using Cygwin on W2000 and have (for no particular reason)
> started to work
> on the 4.5.1-pre3 release and got everything to build properly (including
> Davids BSP).
> Have seen problems during the bootstrap (autoconf) stage that script tries
> to find out if the cross
> compier (m68k-...) is a cross compiler by executing the executable.
> Unfortunately the Cygwin
> (Win) shell executes the file (actually a m68k target) and looks up.

I don't have the instructions handy but this is in the mailing list
archives.  There is a registry setting to make NT/Win2K do the right
thing and not run it.

> Also built the latest (experimental snapshot) versions of tools and had
> problems with preprocessor
> header include in the tools directory itself - it seems to include the file
> as shown from the error
> output but the file is never read. Have not cracked this problem yet and
> have resumed work
> with the tool package that comes with the RTEMS 4.5.1 release.

The snapshot tools work with snapshots, release tools with release.
There was a re-org of some POSIX .h files between RTEMS and newlib so
we shared as much as possible with other targets.  This occurred after
4.5