building rtems for arm target in big endian mode

Mon Mar 18 11:34:10 UTC 2002

> Hi,
>

> Is there anybody building a rtems for an arm rtems in big endian mode ?
>
> I have build the BSP in big endian mode, but the arm-rtems gcc and newlib are in little endian mode. ( gcc2.95.3-newlib1.9.0 , snapshot
> 20011210)
>
> I have try to rebuild gcc with target=armeb-rtems and the makefile fails.

If the tools handle this like all the other CPUs that can have big and
little
endian modes, then you have to build binutils, gcc, newlib and gdb to
agree
on this target.  In this case, I would suspect that binutils and gcc are
not recognizing the target and dying.  Likely it is defaulting to
armeb-*-* in the config.gcc file and wouldn't build RTEMS anyway.
arm-rtems is based upon arm-elf so we need to add support for
armeb-rtems
based upon armeb-elf in binutils and gcc.

This is usually fairly straightforward if you see the existing pattern.
If not, post questions. :)