how to use gdb emulator?

Jack Cawkwell J.Cawkwell at open.ac.uk
Thu May 2 09:12:17 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have managed to build a powerPC version of rtems,
and am trying to run the hello_world example in the
debugger.

I got as far as:

target sim
load hello.exe
run

but I either get don't know how to run, or some other
horrible looking error, with a fatal signal. The machine
I use is at home, so I don't have the specific output
to hand. Is there something more I need to setup, or
(better) is there documentation on this. I could use
any emulator, I want to test TAO on rtems without using
a physical target. So I will have to figure out how to
compile TAO with rtems. Is this just a question of setting
up ACE/TAO for rtems, and then using the cross compilers?
Any hints here could save me lots of time...

Thanks, Jack