MCF5272 Network Driver Problems - Solved with reservations?

Brett Swimley brett.swimley at aedinc.net
Mon May 6 23:12:30 UTC 2002

Hi All,

While stubbing in another task into my application, I discovered that just
having another task active, even doing nothing but yielding the processor,
causes my Fast Ethernet Controller driver to work correctly.

Previously, my Init task initialized the network and then exited.

Now, as a test, I have my Init task only yielding the processor after
perfoming the network initialization.

for (;;) {
	rtems_task_wake_after( RTEMS_YIELD_PROCESSOR );
}

Would one still suspect my network driver or could this be indicative of an
issue with the network code?

Regards,

Brett Swimley