[leon_sparc] Re: another, rtems vs rest?

Tue May 14 15:47:24 UTC 2002

The LEOX team wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> Really pleased to hear something from you on the leon_sparc mailing list.
> I would like to know if it exists documentations describing the internal
> architecture of RTEMS?

There is a document describing the process of porting to a new CPU
family.  There is also another document describing the BSP and
Device Driver construction process.  As far as a good architectural
picture of how the APIs are layered on top of the SuperCore which is
in turned layered on the hardware abstraction layer, there really isn't
anything suitable for distribution.

I have always wanted to write a book on the Design and Implementation
of RTEMS but have never gotten time to do it.  I would love to get
a paid invited gig at a conference or workshop and cover the
RTEMS architecture.  I have a great starting point for a 1/2 to 1 day
tutorial on it.  I included it in a graduate real-time class I
taught a few years ago but I really would like to clean it up
and add more figures and details.

--joel