DOSFS: why do the sources use _core_mutex?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Wed May 15 10:50:40 UTC 2002

Hi,

currently a collegue is busy implementing a IDE block
device driver to use with the RTEMS dosfs library.
Progress is rather good, but during debugging we
detected some problems around the "_CORE_mutex_xxx"
calls.

I am pretty confident, that these problems have
something to do with our debug environment (on a
MPC860), but nevertheless I am a bit confused: I
thought that these _CORE_mutex" calls are private to
the RTEMS kernel. So my question: Is it good practice
to use CORE_mutex_xxx calls outside the kernel? Or
would it be better to move to semaphores instead?

wkr,
	Thomas Doerfler.
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de