network support

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon May 20 08:32:27 UTC 2002

Am Mon, 2002-05-20 um 09.42 schrieb Sachin K:
> hi,
>
> i have installed rtems-4.5.0 on my redhat Linux 7.2.
> as stated in README.configure, posix and network support
> will be enabled by default,
> I tried to install rtems just by entering "../rtems-4.5.0/configure" from my
> "./build" directory,  everything went perfect but, the file

[..]

> it says that posix and n/w is not supported,
>
> can anyone plz tell me how to enable this??
Add --enable-posix and --enable-networking to the options passed to
configure.

Also, don't forget to add --target=<your-target-cpu>-rtems to these
options, otherwise you are building RTEMS for your host, ie. you will be
building the unix/posix BSP (RTEMS emulation under UNIX) which does not
support networking nor posix-threads.

Ralf