Some question about netdemo

David leo_dvdv at yahoo.com.cn
Tue May 28 01:12:30 UTC 2002

Hi all,
  I have some question about netdemo,please help me.
  I have the Netdemo4-5.0/netdemo and working for the
most part on a i386/PC386 BSP. I using the 4.5.0
release (no snapshots) and the network device is
3c509.
  the demo starts with RTEMS_USE_BOOTP not defined and
the driver with reception of broadcast packets
enabled.
  It displays no errors and is able to create, bind,
listen,accept sockets.
  1. ping the pc running Rtems/netdemo that it is ok!
  2. connect using telnet 192.168.93.236 24742 that it
is ok!
  3. Issue a `s' command to print the network and
driver statistics that it is ok!
  4. Issue a `t' command to send TCP packets to the
`discard' port. Verify that the packets appear on the
network. It is fail!!!
  The information of the fail is shown in the
following:
  Create socket
  Bind socket
  Connect socket

  Exception 0 caught at pc 107BCD by thread 134283265.

  Processor execution context at time of the fault was
 :
		.
		.

  Error code pushed by processor itself (if not 0) = 0

   ************ FAULTY THREAD WILL BE DELETED

  This is CPU's Exception,why?

  Thanks

                                     David.