Viruses on the mailing list

Thu May 16 16:35:10 UTC 2002

"Rude, Randy [Cont]" wrote:

> Is it time to disallow attachments on this list?  Two viruses in as many
> days...

Not all attachments -- data oriented patches are OK.  But I do feel that
in general forbidding executable attachments is at least as effective as
virus scan.

This morning Jeff disallowed a number of mime types from this list.  He
is adding .com and .bat at my request.  He should post a full list
shortly.
If he missed any, point it out.