RTEMS on MCP750 and MTX-60x, for Eric Valette

Valette Eric eric.valette at free.fr
Fri Nov 8 22:53:36 UTC 2002

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:

> The trouble relates to cache setup and the mmu enabling, the other
> stuff looks fine.  Once the kernel is running, your cache setup works
> fine, so the bsp runs with full caches.  I think the 603 is somehow
> sensitive to cache/mmu setup in a way the 604/750+ devices are not.

OK.

> I don't think Joel would be enthusiastic about switching bootloaders
> just now... ;)

Sure. I did not mean that. I just wanted to say :
	1) Do not spend too much time on Gabriel Paubert's bootloader, it is
not rtems in fact and this bootloader is now dead (in 99, it had a
change to become the next prep linux boot loader),
	2) This boot loader enables the MMU and then disable it again but what
may stay it TLB, cache, ... Especially on old processor with some errata
related to mmu enabling/disabling, cache flush and so on,
	3) try to simply use linux boot loader and see if it works, the trick
being to correctly locate the code and data for rtems  and find the
entry point... And then try ppcboot.

Anyway, It is nice to see someone running your code on unexpected
processor and boards and learn it works without too much pain :-)

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: valette at free.fr