I don't know what's the scope of aclocal.m4

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Nov 13 10:11:05 UTC 2002

Am Mit, 2002-11-13 um 10.18 schrieb Francesco Poletti:
> Hy,
> I don't know what's the use of aclocal.m4
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook

It's an autoconf internal file used to store all autoconf macros used by
a configure script.
> and in my board its dimension
> is growing up too much!
I guess, you mean running out of diskspace? There is hardly anything we
can do about it - Get yourself a larger disk ;)

Essentially, it's the price/tradeoff you have to pay for the flexibility
the autotools provide. But ... the aclocal.m4's by no means are the
largest files the autotools generate.

Ralf