Initialization process

Wed Nov 13 14:42:02 UTC 2002

Salman wrote:

> I'm fiddling around with device drivers on RTEMS, and would like to see the
> RTEMS initialization process (in particularly the device drivers
> initialization process) step by step.
>
> Is there any simple way of doing this ? without going through RGDBSD and
> execution of program.
>
> my host is Linux PC386
> and my target is PC386 (same ARCH as host)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Salman
>
> PS I saw a "gdb emulator on PowerPC" issue in the mail archives, not sure if
> that's related to this or so.

If all you want to do is watch a BSP where it works, then using a
simulator
and a BSP for that is nice.  sparc/erc32, mips/jmr3904, and powerpc/psim
are
all options.  The simulators are included in gdb so all you have to do
is compile
and go.

If you want to trace the actual init on your target PC, then you will
have to setup the remote debugging capabilities in gdb and step that
way.