Linux distribution

Michael P. Collins mcollins at spd6.sps.mot.com
Wed Nov 13 17:19:41 UTC 2002

Silverio wrote:

> What is the best (another version, another type eg:SUSE, MANDRAKE) ?

  Others have mentioned some distributions besides Red Hat.  I've done
a fair amount of RTEMS development using Debian over the past several
years.  Although I generally build everything from source, I did some
testing of the ".deb" packages Joel's team created for 4.5.0 and
encountered no significant problems.

  Choice of Linux distribution shouldn't be a big issue, provided you
follow the instructions regarding where files should reside and how
your search path is configured.

					-- MC --